ASUS AC53 Nano WIFI installation issues.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
macr
Level 1
Level 1

ASUS AC53 Nano WIFI installation issues.

Post by macr »

Hi all. Long story short, I cannot get my ASUS AC53 Nano WIFI recognised. To save reposting everything, which I mistakenly posted to the wrong forum, here is the link
viewtopic.php?p=2035406#p2035406

Any help appreciated. I am a beginner, so you may need to explain it dumbed down a little.

TIA

Macr
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: ASUS AC53 Nano WIFI installation issues.

Post by SMG »

macr wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:13 am Hi all. Long story short, I cannot get my ASUS AC53 Nano WIFI recognised. To save reposting everything, which I mistakenly posted to the wrong forum, here is the link
viewtopic.php?p=2035406#p2035406

Any help appreciated. I am a beginner, so you may need to explain it dumbed down a little.
Looking at what you posted in the other thread, it does not appear you are running Linux Mint. This is a Linux Mint forum for those either running Main edition or LMDE (Linux Mint Debian).

System: Host: debian Kernel: 4.9.0-15-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.2.7 (Gtk 3.22.11)
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Your data not only indicates you are running Debian (with no Mint), but you are also running a version of Debian which stopped receiving support a year ago. Debian “stretch” Release Information

Here is a thread LMDE compared to Debian & Mint? which discusses the differences.

Since it appears Ethernet is working for you, I would recommend backing up your data and installing a system which is currently receiving support. If you decide to install a version of Mint, then this forum would be the place to get help.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
macr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by macr »

SMG wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am
Your data not only indicates you are running Debian (with no Mint), but you are also running a version of Debian which stopped receiving support a year ago. Debian “stretch” Release Information

Here is a thread LMDE compared to Debian & Mint? which discusses the differences.

Since it appears Ethernet is working for you, I would recommend backing up your data and installing a system which is currently receiving support. If you decide to install a version of Mint, then this forum would be the place to get help.
Weird, as I had only installed Mint and only taken updates send down the pipe to me. Except when I could not get an app to work and I found the relevant packages required.
I will look at loading a new Cinnamon variant over this bastard child. Hopefully this may help solve my WiFi issue.

Thanks.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

SMG wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am System: Host: debian Kernel: 4.9.0-15-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.2.7 (Gtk 3.22.11)
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

I completely missed that.
macr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by macr »

Thanks all. I do not remember loading Debian, but at some stage, I must've decided to try something else. I have now loaded Mint again and all is running as it should be for the wireless.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Good to hear it is working.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”