LMDE comes with FAudio preinstalled somehow?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
r23chase
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE comes with FAudio preinstalled somehow?

Post by r23chase »

Funny story, I was planning to install Wine (to which I did of course) and long story short, I was gonna finish setting it up, but when I did, I found that FAudio is already installed.

I don't know how to phrase this, since I have LMDE already installed, but does LMDE come with FAudio packages by default or something compared to vanilla Debian? I'm kinda confused yet somewhat relieved that it did somehow.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Starting again isn't as easy as I hoped. Mostly because of the anxiety that comes with it...and that's okay! Trying new things is part of life. <3
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: LMDE comes with FAudio preinstalled somehow?

Post by Moonstone Man »

r23chase wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:22 pm ... does LMDE come with FAudio packages by default ...
No.
r23chase
Level 1
Level 1

Post by r23chase »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:27 pm No.
Then, how the heck did I get it? I got Wine through the instructions listed on the WineHQ website. Specifically the Debian instructions because why not since LMDE uses a Debian base rather than an Ubuntu base. It said that Debian Buster lacks FAudio and Wine requires FAudio for it to work. I think "libfaudio0" is it, but when I tried to install that through the terminal, it was already installed.

In case if you couldn't tell, I'm rather confused by this situation.
Starting again isn't as easy as I hoped. Mostly because of the anxiety that comes with it...and that's okay! Trying new things is part of life. <3
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

r23chase wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:28 am Then, how the heck did I get it?
If you did the wine install first then it could have added it.
r23chase
Level 1
Level 1

Post by r23chase »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:32 am If you did the wine install first then it could have added it.
Hmm...the instructions for Debian installation seem a bit dated I guess, but here's the hyperlink to the WineHQ place anyway.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

r23chase wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:37 am Hmm...
Hmm... you asked the wrong question. The correct question should have been "does LMDE come with libfaudio0 packages by default", which would have changed the answer to 'yes'.
r23chase
Level 1
Level 1

Post by r23chase »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:52 am Hmm... you asked the wrong question. The correct question should have been "does LMDE come with libfaudio0 packages by default", which would have changed the answer to 'yes'.
That probably might be it, but I'm still a bit confused about what libfaudio packages are. I barely know what FAudio is and I would guess those are only part of it. So, now what?

Return to “Beginner Questions”