LMDE ISO

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tpalermo30
Level 2
Level 2

LMDE ISO

Post by tpalermo30 »

Yes, I was just wondering and sorry if this has already been answered but do the ISO's ever get updated? So someone does not have to download so many updates after installation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: LMDE ISO

Post by karlchen »

Hello, tpalermo30.

Brief question. Brief answer: As a rule this does not happen. Sorry.

A little bit longer answer:
The original installation ISO image files are not updated between two releases as a rule. The reason is that every update of a published ISO image file would not only require updating the old ISO image, but it would also require running the updated ISO image files through the normal quality assurance process, which all ISO mages are subjected to before being made available to the public.
Cf. this community page in order to get an idea, what I mean, in case I have express myself too vaguely: https://community.linuxmint.com/iso.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
tpalermo30
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE ISO

Post by tpalermo30 »

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the answer and it makes total sense, I saw that LMDE 4 was released in 2020 and I did not want to download the ISO toay if they update them like quarterly or yearly but since this is not the case I will grab it and download the updates.

Thanks again.

Tony

Return to “Beginner Questions”