Nouveau display adapter driver

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BewilderedBob
Level 1
Level 1

Nouveau display adapter driver

Post by BewilderedBob »

My venerable (old) HP desktop has a Nvidia integrated display adapter and proprietary drivers that initially seemed to be causing system freezes along with bizarre screen displays. But Nouveau driver(s) are now installed instead and the monitor resolution has been reduced to 1600x1200. So far it works as advertised. But are the Nouveau drivers supported ?? Apparently Nouveau is NOT part of a software pkg. Also while running LMDE 4 i have not yet found a way to update the drivers. How can i learn more abt Nouveau driver support so that hopefully some day the monitor resolution can be restored to 1920x1200 without crashing.

BB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aztaroth
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Nouveau display adapter driver

Post by Aztaroth »

BewilderedBob wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:29 pm Also while running LMDE 4 i have not yet found a way to update the drivers. How can i learn more abt Nouveau driver support so that hopefully some day the monitor resolution can be restored to 1920x1200 without crashing.
Perhaps going to the source :
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/
dual boot LMDE4 (mostly) + LM19.3 Cinnamon (sometimes)

Return to “Beginner Questions”