Upgrading from LMDE4 to LMDE5 - UEFI v Legacy setup

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
br1anstorm
Level 5
Level 5

Upgrading from LMDE4 to LMDE5 - UEFI v Legacy setup

Post by br1anstorm »

I see from the blog that the upgrade "tool" has now (8 May) been announced as ready for general use.

This may be an irrelevant question - but when carrying out the upgrade using this tool, does it make any difference whether the installation is on a Legacy (MBR) setup, or a UEFI system?

I ask because I have LMDE4 in a dual-boot setup with Windows 10 on a somewhat older laptop which is configured with legacy (MBR) partitions. I just thought it wise to ask before launching the upgrade to LMDE5.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”