how do I download brave [solved]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Santosh_108
Level 1
Level 1

how do I download brave [solved]

Post by Santosh_108 »

Running Nate. None of the commands on their site work, unless I am working from the wrong paragraph heading. I don't think so. How hard can it be?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: how do I download brave

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Santosh_108.

You are running what? Nate? - I fail to understand. There is no LMDE flavour, nor any Ubuntu based Linux Mint flavour named Nate. - Please, carify.
Who or what is "their site"? - Please, clarify.

Making a wild guess, I wonder whether you are on this webpage, Brave - Release Channel Installation - Debian 9+, Ubuntu 16.04+ and Mint 18+ .
Which of the 5 commandlines, which can be found there, gives you which headache, please?

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Santosh_108
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Santosh_108 »

Sorry mate Karl. Mate. :D

Yes you have the right page for Brave. I get all the way to the last command of the first paragraph, tells me, "Done" for everything before that. Then finally a red E: "Unable to locate package browser". Like I said how hard can it be?

Santosh
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Santosh_108.
  • Please, share with us the exact terminal commandline, which you execute, and the complete error message(s), which get(s) displayed to you by the commandline.
    In order to do so, mark the commandline and the output, which it displays, with your mouse. Press <ctrl><shift>c top copy the marked text. Paste it into your next reply, please.
  • Next, please, execute the terminal command inxi -Sr (precisely as it has been typed here, observing lowercase and uppercase spelling). Mark the commandline and the output, which it displays, with your mouse. Press <ctrl><shift>c top copy the marked text. Paste it into your next reply, please.
Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Santosh_108
Level 1
Level 1

Re: how do I download brave; solved

Post by Santosh_108 »

Karl thanks for persisting with me. Its done. I must have left out the hyphen between brave and browser on the last command line. Not once. Several times!

And the shortcut for copying and pasting the command lines, I can always use.

Thank you.

Some autonomy at last.

Santosh

Return to “Beginner Questions”