Live USB with Persistent

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
navi87
Level 1
Level 1

Live USB with Persistent

Post by navi87 »

Hi Guys,

Im trying to use Yumi UEFI on Windows 10 to make a bootable and live LMDE that also saves the changes using persistance.
Ive been splitting my USB partition in to two, one for the Distros which is in FAT32 and a 2nd one for the Persistence which is Ex2 and then also edited the grub.cfg removing the persistent-path.
Ive tried naming the second partition "casper-rw" and "writable" nothing helped. Ive even tried using the Persistence normally with the file instead of partition, that doesnt seem to want to work either. Yumi seems to make the persistence filed called "writable", not sure if thats correct though since it doesnt work with just the file either.

Now the latest Yumi apparently has a fixed for Linux Mint, now it doesnt specify if its for debian edition or not:
11/27/20 Version 0.0.3.2: Fixed persistent file path (broken in 0.0.3.1). Updated to create a persistence casper-rw or writable file and label based on the ISO name. Supports persistent feature for Linux Mint and Ubuntu version 16 through 20+. Added feature to check for Legacy YUMI on selected drive.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
navi87
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Live USB with Persistent

Post by navi87 »

I just tried using mkusb, it booted up fine and made a partition called partition called live-rw for persistence, but again it did not save any changes between reboots.
navi87
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Live USB with Persistent

Post by navi87 »

I just tried it with Linux Mint main edition using mkusb and it worked fine. I guess LMDE cant be run in persistent mode at the moment?

Return to “Installation & Boot”