Linux Mint boots from splash screen to black screen

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Onehotmess2020
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint boots from splash screen to black screen

Post by Onehotmess2020 »

Hi y'all I thought I would introduce myself and kill two birds with one stone by sharing my dilemma.
I have been using Linux mint for about a month just feeling it out and I've been learning something new everyday I swear
But when I went to boot up last night it went to the splash screen and then it goes to a black screen,
I did try control alt...I can't remember the exact I think it's f4..
but that brought me to a screen where I could log in my username came up
when I typed it but then my password won't come up as I'm typing it
it's like I'm not typing anything at all it just there's no letters.
I was all proud of myself for figuring out a possible way around that but now I'm stuck again....
Any input would be much appreciated and I'm super excited to chat with yall
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint boots from splash screen to black screen

Post by SMG »

Welcome to the forum, Onehotmess2020.

Do you still have your installation usb/dvd? If so, please boot to a live session of Mint and give us some information about how Mint sees your hardware.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.

A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Installation & Boot”