How to boot LMDE5 installation image from HDD

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Diorn
Level 1
Level 1

How to boot LMDE5 installation image from HDD

Post by Diorn »

arvy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:32 pm Doesn't work for me. I get the error "modprobe: module dm-raid45 not found in modules.dep".

My system does not have any RAID setup configured. (System details available here.) If I wait a while, that error is followed by a longer "BOOT FAILED" message inviting me to "please file a bug against the 'live boot' package or e-mail the Live Systems mailing list at <debian-live@lists.debian.org>".
Hello,
I'm having the exact same problem with LMDE5,
tried to boot the iso via grub (ext4 drive) as well but i'm getting the same issue, the live session does start but without a GUI, if i hit ctrl alt f4 i get a console with some generic info

i do get the error message ("modprobe: module dm-raid45 not found in modules.dep") and one or two more lines of somthing to do with a missing firmware

no windows on the machine, just a UEFI installed LM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Diorn
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to boot LMDE5 installation image from HDD

Post by Diorn »

Followup in the hopes this will be helpful to others in similar situation.
What got me over the black screen and into LMDE live session was adding nomodeset boot option to the grub before launching the live session
https://linuxmint-installation-guide.re ... tions.html

Return to “Installation & Boot”