boot initramfs crypto error warning

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
half_blind
Level 1
Level 1

boot initramfs crypto error warning

Post by half_blind »

Hi one and all,

I upgraded the system yesterday after a couple of years of no activity or use of lmde, due to it borking with apparmir. Anyway I fixed that and a wrong uuid for a partition, then I was able to get a desktop, and upgraded the system from there; it went from a 4-0.19-11 kernel to 4.0.19-21 kernel.

I rebooted, tried to the new kernel and encouted an error to do with cryptographics and initramfs, where at this point there waa prompt for INITRAMFS.

I dont know what to do about this, as when I use the old kernel it boots fine.

I should mention that I had to chroot into lmde and disabled apparmor 'systemctl disable apparmor' - but this was before the upgrade and seemed to fix the boot problem.

Does anyine have any ideas?

half_blind
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Re: boot initramfs crypto error warning

Post by t42 »

it seems you need to update-initramfs -c -k all from chroot env as decribed here
https://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/posts/rec ... partition/
-=t42=-
half_blind
Level 1
Level 1

Post by half_blind »

Hi all,

Thanks doe rge reply and helpful info.

I tried the suggestions in the link, updated all the initramfs's for each installed kernel, but for 4.0-19-21 it made no difference.

There was a complaint regarding crypto with the suggestion of uninstalling the package, which I did, ehen there was a problem with resume pointing to resume=none, I fixed that but still wont boot that kernel; the other kernel is fine.

half_blind
half_blind
Level 1
Level 1

Post by half_blind »

Hi all,

I may have discovered the problem which was a typo by myself.

I use slackware's lilo boot loader, where under the initram,img I pointed to the wrong one (11 not 21), not that I can now test as I removed the kernel and apt does not want to reinstall.

But that is probably the error.

half_blind

Return to “Installation & Boot”