How to install Docker successfully in LMDE3

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CelticJordan

How to install Docker successfully in LMDE3

Post by CelticJordan »

Hi, I'm a 64-bit LMDE3, amd64 architecture, fairly new user.
I've spent all day trying to get docker to work, but after fighting with Docker's daemon and searching hopelessly on Google, this forum and Docker's documentation, I couldn't manage to get it to work flawlessly, so I uninstalled it, cleared all the leftover files I could and removed the docker repositories from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/.
I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to install this software in LMDE3, either writing a guide, linking a video I might have missed, writing an installation script...
whatever you might find helpful.
Thank you kindly for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sizonov_stas

Re: How to install Docker successfully in LMDE3

Post by sizonov_stas »

read the docs ==> https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/debian/ :) :) :)

Note:
The lsb_release -cs sub-command below returns the name of your Debian distribution, such as stretch.

After adding repo, you must to edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list and replace cindy to stretch.
Example, using sed:

Code: Select all

sed -i 's/stretch/cindy/' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list

Return to “Software & Applications”