OCRFeeder doesn't display well and GTK error message at start in terminal

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hardt68
Level 1
Level 1

OCRFeeder doesn't display well and GTK error message at start in terminal

Post by hardt68 »

Hello,

I installed OCRFeeder from package manager.
First, OCRFeeder doesn't start from menu. This topic is discussed here : viewtopic.php?t=223556
But the display appears disturbed Image and no text is recognized.

So I tryed to launch OCRFeeder from terminal.
The following warnings, some CRITICAL are displayed:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ocrfeeder/util/lib.py:26: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ocrfeeder/studio/widgetPresenter.py:31: PyGIWarning: GooCanvas was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GooCanvas', '2.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk, GooCanvas, Gdk, GObject, GLib, GdkPixbuf, GtkSpell
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ocrfeeder/studio/widgetPresenter.py:31: PyGIWarning: GtkSpell was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GtkSpell', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk, GooCanvas, Gdk, GObject, GLib, GdkPixbuf, GtkSpell
(ocrfeeder:8238): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion 'widget->priv->anchored || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed
(ocrfeeder:8238): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion 'widget->priv->anchored || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed
What do you suggest ?
Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
=========================
hardt68 / France
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon on TP Yoga 460
hardt68
Level 1
Level 1

Re: OCRFeeder doesn't display well and GTK error message at start in terminal

Post by hardt68 »

an additional point: I tryed to use lios as well.

It starts from menu, but similar issues with the display and output of an analysis.
Starting lios from command line ends up with similar error messages:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lios/ui/gtk/text_view.py:21: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lios/ui/gtk/print_dialog.py:23: PyGIWarning: PangoCairo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('PangoCairo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import PangoCairo
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lios/cam.py:19: PyGIWarning: GstVideo was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GstVideo', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import GdkX11, GstVideo
update_scanner_list Started
hardt68 / France
hardt68
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED]: OCRFeeder doesn't display well and GTK error message at start in terminal

Post by hardt68 »

Finally, I tested gImageReader.
Works perfectly !
And of course, I did uninstall lios and OCRFeeder !
hardt68 / France

Return to “Software & Applications”