installing unetbootin in LMDE3

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tlcmd

installing unetbootin in LMDE3

Post by tlcmd »

Would appreciate into as to how to install unetbootin onto LMDE3. There are so many files to choose from once it is downladed into the "downloads" folder that I need a guide to help that install. Would appreciate some instructions.

Thanks,
tlcmd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgringo619

Re: installing unetbootin in LMDE3

Post by ajgringo619 »

I'm assuming you downloaded this, correct? https://github.com/unetbootin/unetbooti ... 64-661.bin
If so, do the following:

Code: Select all

cd ~/Downloads #or wherever you downloaded it
chmod +x ./unetbootin-linux64-661.bin
sudo ./unetbootin-linux64-661.bin
tlcmd

Re: installing unetbootin in LMDE3

Post by tlcmd »

Thanks for the reply. I have not done that and will try it tomorrow or Monday as I am covered up today. I am interested in trying a rolling distro and have 700 Gigs of free space on my HDD. The rest of mt 2TB are partitioned to Windows 10 (which I rarely use) and LMDE3 (Cindy) which is not as friendly to me as was LMDE2 Mate. Looking at Arch, Manjaro, PCLinuxOS, and Void. Any suggestions for a rolling distro would be appreciated and seriously considered. At age 78, I am reluctant to switch to Mint 19 since I don't know how well my neurons will be working at age 83. A good rolling distro would make changing Linux OS's unnecessary (at this point). Looks like I need a new copy of the Linux Bible.
tlcmd

Return to “Software & Applications”