Cinnamon configuration changed - not sure why

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Cinnamon configuration changed - not sure why

Post by majpooper »

I suppose an update changed some of the tweaks I had made to Cinnamon on LMDE 3.
I had edited the applet.js file to rid myself of unwanted Lock Screen and Logout icons on my Favorites menu - this was fine for weeks then low and behold there they were - that was easy enough to fix as was the date and time format preference that went back to default. But what is really bugging me now is that my windows list all group to the right on the panel and I prefer them on the left hand side. A small thing I know and I can live with it but it is annoying. I suppose eventually I will figure out how to move them over but why on earth would an update - I surmise an update as I really don't know what made this happen - make such random changes?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Cinnamon configuration changed - not sure why

Post by trytip »

you have to put your panel in edit mode and try to move things around. the cinnamon panel is hard to customize since you don't have a clear indication of what applets you have enabled and where on the panel they are. cinnamon should have a list of all the panel items and enable you to move them around like the xfce panel

Return to “Software & Applications”