LMDE3/Upgrade

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tenebris_Umbra
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE3/Upgrade

Post by Tenebris_Umbra »

So this is my first post, I am running lmde3, the cinnamon 4.2 upgrade came though. As Clem promised, every works great; faster, lighter, looks great. My only issue is the privacy applet in settings does nothing when I click on it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: LMDE3/Upgrade

Post by all41 »

Hi @Tenebris_Umbra,
Sorry--can't help with the LMDE issue, but here is a welcome to a new forum member.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
tg2709

Post by tg2709 »

For the privacy applet,you can access the settings using the gui app dconf-editor.

sudo apt install dconf-editor

open dconf editor and follow /org/cinnamon/desktop/privacy . and there will be settings privacy
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Tenebris_Umbra
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tenebris_Umbra »

Thanks tg2709 , great work-around!. Cheers and have a great week and thank you again
bpeary
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bpeary »

Unfortunately not my experience. I installed all the cinnamon upgrades today 8/14, including some kernel update, and after reboot cinnamon crashes after entering password, goes to fallback desktop.

Return to “Software & Applications”