nemo VERY slow to load after boot up

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
macglennlmd
Level 1
Level 1

nemo VERY slow to load after boot up

Post by macglennlmd »

This is not a critical problem since lmd is not my main software but I wondered if others had this same problem. On boot up, if I click on the File folder [nemo] nothing happens for so long that I originally thought nothing had happened. On a test the time to get it up an running is as long as 45 secs on the first try. After that all is well. No problems on a reload. Only Nemo seems to have that problem. I have moderated the problem by putting Nemo into the boot up list but still curious if other have had this problem.
I am running off a 64 GB usb with 50 + free, using lmde version 3.
thanks
macglenn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LanceM

Re: nemo VERY slow to load after boot up

Post by LanceM »

Is this 64GB drive in a 3.0 port? Have you tried launching nemo from the start menu to see if it's slow there as well?
macglennlmd
Level 1
Level 1

Re: nemo VERY slow to load after boot up

Post by macglennlmd »

Sorry for being so slow to reply. I eventually moved the Min tlmde to an ssd and the problem disappeared. And no, this is a Lenovo T410 of sufficient age that I suspect not usb3 ports.
thanks
Macglenn

Return to “Software & Applications”