Thunderbird 68 import old email

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bronius
Level 1
Level 1

Thunderbird 68 import old email

Post by bronius »

I have installed LMDE4 and try to use my 7gb mail default profile

Thunderbird says that is no more compatible , but says that i can point profiles.ini
from my old instalation to load my email accounts

I try but i can't get sucess

any help ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux User from 1997 ( Red Hat 5.2 )
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Thunderbird 68 import old email

Post by mike acker »

?

I'm running a T-68. I tried reading an old ( date: 2012 ) message from a local archive folder-- no problem How old is the stuff in your archive? Have you done any searches for conversion software ?

This .eml format has troubled me for some time. You can save in .html format from T-Bird and then pick that up in LibreOffice and then save into .pdf format but this is a PITA

at one point no one thought WordPerfect would ever fade away. Or Lotus-1-2-3. The Monster from Redmond wiped them out.

So that leaves us to guess: what formats should be used for archives? My thought is that a format may achieve a sort of critical mass: If the use-level becomes high enough even a Monster may have trouble deprecating it. .txt maybe ? .html perhaps ? or maybe .jpeg ? We have a Monster looking to kill .jpeg already: HEIF . But: there are a lot of .jpeg images on the Net and it seems unlikely that their owners will be interested in converting them to HEIF
¡Viva la Resistencia!
bronius
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Thunderbird 68 import old email

Post by bronius »

I am using a debian based distro up to a few days ago

I install LMDE4 and install a new version of thunderbird and firefox that not
support old database system for both softwares , I can not use my 7gb storage of thunderbird I think is version 67

the same with firefox , i can't get my bookmarks and passwords stored

This is really a mesh , i don't understand why mozilla people are doing this but
I am thinking in not use anymore both softwares I have a CAOS here because oh this problem

is the first time that occurs for me , I am using linux from 1997

any help ?

I try installing manually old version of both programs on /opt folder but it seems that the new program made a modification
on config folders

I don't know what more to do

Bruno
Linux User from 1997 ( Red Hat 5.2 )

Return to “Software & Applications”