Problem authenticating in the software manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leh103

Problem authenticating in the software manager

Post by leh103 »

I just installed LMDE 4 after using LMDE 4 for several years. Almost everything works great so far. However, whenever I type in the admin password to authenticate in the Software Manager, I always have to type it in a second time when installing the programs I prefer. Needless to say this is very frustrating, I am wondering if this is a bug or a feature or human error. I doubt it is human error because I have no problem authenticating in other programs. If it is a feature I need to know how to turn if off. It it is a bug it would be nice if it was fixed, but I don't know where to file a bug report.

Thanks for any and all help in this manor.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linux-rox
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Problem authenticating in the software manager

Post by linux-rox »

FWIW, I'm unable to replicate this problem. Just tested (yes, LMDE4). Software Manager works fine and requires password entry only once.
leh103

Re: Problem authenticating in the software manager

Post by leh103 »

Thanks for checking this problem if it is reproducible on your LDME4.
It helped to know that the problem was only happening on my computer.
The keyboard I was using was different than the keyboard I usually use, so I switched back to my old keyboard which solved my problem.
The new keyboard that had the problem was wireless and the batteries looks like they were the original batteries in it, but I don't know if new batteries will fix it yet.
I willing to say that this issue is solved for now.

Return to “Software & Applications”