File Folder Window or Desktop: Arranging icons "Manually"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
badbits
Level 1
Level 1

File Folder Window or Desktop: Arranging icons "Manually"

Post by badbits »

Cinnamon, LMDE 3
Of my most preferred desktop and file folder window options is the ability to locate or place file and folder icons manually - where I want them. Grid placement has never met my needs or desires.

In the file folder window Menu | View | Arrange Items, there is an option "Manually." Some times when selecting "Manually," all icons are moved to the upper left corner of the desk top or window, one on top of the other. At other times, all but a few icons appear and some can be moved, others not. Predicting just how the icons will appear has not been an achievement of mine. Some times switching back and forth between icon and list view, places the icons back on a grid.

Is there some special procedure for manual placement of icons that I am not employing or am I dealing with an interface bug? Perhaps there's a dicsussion about this and I've missed it? Does this same problem occur in LMDE 4?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”