Mirror list are all unreachable from the update manager (LMDE 4)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Xlanlahn1_
Level 1
Level 1

Mirror list are all unreachable from the update manager (LMDE 4)

Post by Xlanlahn1_ »

I just made a fresh install of LMDE4 (the latest as today) and all of the mirror list are unreachable. Main and base.

I run mirrorlist and I get errors in the the terminal. I'll just copy one of them, but they all look the same. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance. Would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

Error '(28, 'Resolving timed out after 5000 milliseconds')' on url http://mirrors.usinternet.com/mint/packages
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hazel-bunny
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mirror list are all unreachable from the update manager (LMDE 4)

Post by hazel-bunny »

I'm somebody having the same problem for months. Now I rely on netselect-apt to choose a mirror. You could give it a try.
Hardware problems on LMDE? Solution:
sudo apt-get install -t buster-backports linux-image-amd64 firmware-linux firmware-misc-nonfree

To use a version of LMDE after EOL, replace mint's Firefox with debian's one
Tenebris_Umbra
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mirror list are all unreachable from the update manager (LMDE 4)

Post by Tenebris_Umbra »

1) Start >> software sources >> left tab - Official Repositories >> "Restore the default settings"
2) Yes to the update apt cache

Most likely your mirror (a site that copies the packages from the main repository) is bad

Return to “Software & Applications”