SmPlayer shows no output driver

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eyyywassup
Level 1
Level 1

SmPlayer shows no output driver

Post by eyyywassup »

Hello good people of this forum, I am new to linux so please excuse my ignorance. I started using LMDE 4 after failing to get h265 codecs to work on other distros. On LMDE however, after installing media codecs from the welcome screen, smplayer recognized a bunch of output drivers and selecting xv from that list allowed me to watch my movies without problems. However, my laptop is pretty bad and there are faster options for me than LMDE (Mint xfce for example). The problem is, I can't get these output drivers to show up in smplayer in other distros. It only shows "user defined", "exiting" and "error". On mint xfce, I have installed media codecs during the installation by checking that option. Can anyone help me on this, and I am sorry if this is in the wrong category or if I am missing important information.

My specs are:
celeron n3000
intel hd graphics
4gb of ram

I've used the latest versions available on the website for all distros.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”