Where is the webhelper plugin for Geany?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nocturn Adrift

Where is the webhelper plugin for Geany?

Post by Nocturn Adrift »

Hi all,

So I have been looking up any reference to where someone may have had this issue, seems like I am the first. I am using Geany to make a webpage and I was going about using appropriate plugins for my efforts, when I came across Geany's webhelper (https://plugins.geany.org/webhelper.html) plugin. Apparently, this is supposed to give you a preview of the webpage you made based on the markdown code you put in. The weird part is, geany-plugin-webhelper is a package that doesn't seem to exist in Linux Mint's repos. I find it weird because every other plugin is in the repos.

I have tried to get more info on the plugin itself, maybe it is deprecated? I am not sure. I only found a singular video on Youtube showing Geany as a webdev tool, so I am at a loss here. Anyone have a clue as to what is happening here?

I am on LMDE 4 by the way, not sure if that changes anything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Where is the webhelper plugin for Geany?

Post by spamegg »

You are right, sudo apt search geany-plugin shows all the other ones but not webhelper.
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins
This was last updated Jan 6 of this year. It's safe to assume it's not deprecated. webhelper is there. You can try to follow the building and installation instructions on that page.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Nocturn Adrift wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am I am on LMDE 4 by the way, not sure if that changes anything.
It changes where you should post about this issue. :wink:
Topic moved. Cheers!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Nocturn Adrift wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 am I have tried to get more info on the plugin itself, maybe it is deprecated?
Not exactly... it depends on deprecated webkitgtk, so Debian maintainers disabled it. I guess it will be so until it's ported to webkit2gtk.

Return to “Software & Applications”