[SOLVED] Change tray icons for pulseaudio and networkmanager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antodc
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Change tray icons for pulseaudio and networkmanager

Post by antodc »

I am using LMDE4 with Xfce and Mint-X Aqua. I am very happy with the system, but I find the tray icons for pulseaudio and networkmanager very old-fashioned (to say the least). Does anybody know how to change them? Suggestions for alternative packages to replace those two are also welcome, but if possible I would prefer keep using them and just change the tray icons.

SOLUTION
I forgot to say that I was using the Adwaita theme. After some research, I found out that the icons for the audio status are in /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/status and are called audio-volume-{muted,low,medium,high}-symbolic.svg. The icons for the network status are in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps and are called nm-signal-{00,25,50,75,100}.png. I reproduced those paths in ~/.icons and I put some better images (in my opinion) with the same names there. Those personal images replace the original ones.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”