Access .odb created Libre Office 5 under LO 6 ? [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Access .odb created Libre Office 5 under LO 6 ? [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE4 64bit Cinnamon

I have a .odb database file created with Libre Office Base 5 under LMDE3. I now want to access it with LO Base 6 under LMDE4. I get an error

Code: Select all

The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbcembedded:hsqldb'.
Suggestions how to solve this welcomed !

Ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Access .odb created Libre Office 5 under LO 6 ?

Post by BenTrabetere »

I am pretty sure you are missing a necessary package. Open Software Manager and make sure libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb is installed.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Access .odb created Libre Office 5 under LO 6 ?

Post by ron_h »

BINGO !!!! You were correct. Installed the package, and I now have access to the database.

Pity the package is not part of the LMDE4 base, along with Libre Office. I assume the equivalent package was part of the LMDE3 base as I don't remember any problems. Nor with LMDE2, for that matter, and thinking back, that database might well have been created with LMDE2 and whatever level of LO was current at that time.

Many Thanks

Ron

Return to “Software & Applications”