Screensaver refuses change after forced password reset in grub

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lanister
Level 1
Level 1

Screensaver refuses change after forced password reset in grub

Post by lanister »

I started using mint (debian cinnamon) a few months ago and yesterday I forgot my password so I force reset it via grub, all was fine until I went to login and got caught in a login loop, and I also noticed my login screen was completely decustomized and didn't even look like when I first installed the OS. so since I didn't have anything important on my hd I just wiped and fresh reinstalled mint, and the issue comes in with my login screen once again, I remember having it set to a custom default wallpaper, and now I cannot find where or how I did it; the box to type in my password is no longer in the middle it's shifted over to the left; even using login window to change it doesn't help], the custom background flickers for a moment before going back to its default. So my question is am i over looking a simple solution to keep my login background the same, and can anyone assist in getting my login box back to the center of the screen?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
be yourself everyone else is already taken

Return to “Software & Applications”