Chromium does not start on LMDE5

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barnycomputer
Level 1
Level 1

Chromium does not start on LMDE5

Post by barnycomputer »

I am using LMDE5 32bit running on a Sony Vaio with a non-pae-CPU. RAM ist 2 GB. I can install Chromium from the Software-Repository, but I can not start it. I have scanned the Web and I have tried to install Chromium using flatpak (version 1.10 is on my computer installed). But the command in the console answers that this is not possible (does not find Chromium.org). Any help appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chromium does not start on LMDE5

Post by Joe2Shoe »

I don't trust Chromium, per se.
On LMDE5 I use both the Brave and Slimjet browsers. Both built on the open-source Chromium project.

slimjet.org
Slimjet is a fast, smart and powerful web browser based on the Blink engine. It is built on top of the Chromium open source project, on which Google chrome is also based. Slimjet integrates a lot of powerful and convenient features to help users maximize their online productivity. Slimjet also includes many options and settings so that users can customize the browser to best suit their own personal preference.

https://brave.com/
Brave is one of the safest browsers on the market today. It blocks privacy-invasive ads & trackers. It blocks third-party data storage. It protects from browser fingerprinting. It upgrades every webpage possible to secure https connections. And it does all this by default.
It’s also built off the open-source Chromium web core, which powers browsers used by billions of people worldwide. This source code is arguably vetted by more security researchers than any other browser. In short, not only is Brave safe to use, it’s much safer than almost any other browser.
Brave Firewall + VPN protects everything you do online, on your entire device, even outside the Brave Browser.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Jyaku
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jyaku »

My wife loves chrome browser so I too gave chromium a try.

It was wonky with the install much like you but then I download chrome direct from their website (with the .deb settings).

And it works.
Ow That Hurts
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ow That Hurts »

For what it's worth, it looks like Chromium is also available as a flatpak, too. Just throwing this out there...

Return to “Software & Applications”