Elden Ring Crashes on Launch

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aRatherDapperFox
Level 1
Level 1

Elden Ring Crashes on Launch

Post by aRatherDapperFox »

Hi all!

I've just recently made the jump from an Arch-based distro to LMDE5.

I did a fresh install of LMDE5 and copied all my steam games over from my old install; everything seems to be working as expected except for Elden Ring. It launches, flashes a white (or sometimes black) screen, and immediately crashes. I've checked the log file output by Proton, but honestly I have no clue what I'm looking for. I haven't been able to find anything online -- all the issues seem to be from launch of the game, and they're all pretty much resolved.

I'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and Radeon RX 570. Full system info per settings app here. I never had issues running Elden Ring before, and the only thing different (as far as I can tell) is the operating system. Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

If any additional info is needed, let me know and I'll update as soon as possible. Thanks a bunch, y'all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”