[SOLVED] Nitrogen Stopped Working After Recent Cinnamon Update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TTG35forT
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Nitrogen Stopped Working After Recent Cinnamon Update

Post by TTG35forT »

My system is:

Kernel: 5.10.0-17-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.4.10 Distro: LMDE 5 Elsie base: Debian 11.2 bullseye

After a recent Cinnamon update, Nitrogen stopped working. Entering "nitrogen --restore" into the terminal results in the following output:

(nitrogen:316850): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 13:57:25.842: Settings schema 'org.gnome.desktop.background' does not contain a key named 'draw-background'
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Another issue that may be related, when I open up the Nitrogen GUI, it used to show all four of my monitors and let me select each one individually to apply wallpaper. Now, the drop-down box where I used to be able to select each monitor is missing from the GUI.

Is there a way to fix this? Did 'org.gnome.desktop.background' previously contain a key named 'draw-background' that was removed in a recent update?

Is there a recommendation for another way to display different wallpaper on each monitor? I have two monitors in landscape orientation and two in portrait.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
0x22aa2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nitrogen Stopped Working After Recent Cinnamon Update

Post by 0x22aa2 »

I confirm the issue. Now had to use HydraPaper. It requires 2GB of additional packages to be installed but looks and works well for me in LM 21.
TTG35forT
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TTG35forT »

0x22aa2, thank you!!!

HydraPaper did the trick.
TTG35forT
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TTG35forT »