LibreOffice doesn't see printer -- SOLVED

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
4x6gp
Level 1
Level 1

LibreOffice doesn't see printer -- SOLVED

Post by 4x6gp »

LMDE 5, LibreOffice Flatpak version 7.4.2.3. Network printer Brother MFC L2710DW.
When I try to print, LO only shows "generic printer" which of course doesn't work.
All my other apps have no problem printing, incl. Firefox, Text Editor, Evolution, etc. Only LO has this problem.
I will also post this to LO forum, but perhaps someone here has encountered this and fixed it?
Last edited by LockBot on Thu May 18, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: LibreOffice doesn't see printer

Post by MiZoG »

I don't know this positively but it might be related to LO flatpak not having enough permissions.
Flatseal can possibly help you with extra permissions

BTW, official deb packages of the latest version(s) of LibreOffice work perfectly for me on LMDE if you happen to use the flatpak just to get the latest version.
Last edited by MiZoG on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
4x6gp
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LibreOffice doesn't see printer

Post by 4x6gp »

Thank you!
That fixed it. There is a switch in Flatseal for the printing system, and it was off.
Incidentally, I already had Flatseal installed, but it simply didn't occur to me to try it. I won't make that mistake again!

Return to “Software & Applications”