Panel disappears when moving with dual monitor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MasterPJ
Level 1
Level 1

Panel disappears when moving with dual monitor

Post by MasterPJ »

Hi guys,
I have currently LMDE 5 with Cinnamon 5.6.7, a GTX 1060 with Nvidia 470 drivers, one monitor 1080p and one 4k TV (both set as mirrored 1080p@60hz).

Problem is: with this configuration, when i try to move the Cinnamon panel to one side of the screen to another, it disappears, there is no panel anymore.
If i launch the Terminal with Ctrl+Alt+T, and then cinnamon-settings i can go to the Panel settings, but it doesnt come back, even if i create another one.

Workaround to get the panel back with this monitor configuration:
Ctrl+Alt+T to the Terminal and:
gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon
or:
dconf reset /org/cinnamon/panels-enabled
BUT, this reset the original Panel and every tweak i previously did are gone.

Second workaround:
disable the TV, keep only the PC monitor active, then set the panel where and how i want, then re-enable the mirrored monitors and everything will be fine.

Note that only MOVING the panel causes the bug, not tinkering around with applets or settings, that is fine.
I'm pretty sure it's a bug, can 100% replicate every single time. Last year on Debian 11 with stock (older) Cinnamon, same configuration and hardware, it never happened once. Could be some bug in the latest updates.

Am i the only one? Could someone from the Cinnamon development team look into it?
Thank you :)
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”