Microsoft Teams Desktop Application

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintLinux101
Level 1
Level 1

Microsoft Teams Desktop Application

Post by MintLinux101 »

Hello There,

I have Microsoft Teams installed on my Asus Chrome CX1500CN.
Up until a couple of weeks ago, when I click on a meet meeting invite that I received from the meeting organizer, it used to launch the desktop Teams application that is installed on the system. Today, when I did the same thing for an E-Mail with a meeting invite, it now launches the web version of Teams in the browser regardless if I use Chrome or Firefox.
How do I default back again so that when I click on a Teams meeting link, it will prompt me to launch the desktop version of Teams instead in the browser. Kindly advise.

Many Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintLinux101
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Microsoft Teams Desktop Application

Post by MintLinux101 »

@SMG:

Is there an update on this support ticket as I don't see any new activity since I created the ticket. Kindly advise.

Many Thanks,
Adam Di Vizio
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MintLinux101 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:22 pm @SMG:

Is there an update on this support ticket
Hello, Adam,
You did not post a support ticket. You posted a question on a user forum, where users try to help other users. SMG is one of our mods, as such she helps faciliate the forums and she also answers a lot of questions, but any other member may do their best to help you. At the same time, no one is under any obligation to do so. We're all volunteers.

It was smart to bump your topic. Someone may well see it and come to your aid. Personally I have never used this application, so it won't be me.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, MintLinux101.

Well, there is good reason to suspect that the reason, why Teams links will launch Teams inside your browser, may be what has been reported and discussed in this thread only recently:

[SOLVED] Microsoft Teams App for Linux Mint is gone after "update"; Microsoft seems to have retired MS Teams for Linux

Microsoft has retired MS Teams for Linux as a standalone application.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Software & Applications”