Simplo Dell unknown (not showing battery left)

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yoshiki2

Simplo Dell unknown (not showing battery left)

Post by yoshiki2 »

Hello.
Would I need to download any app so I can see the amount of time I have left on my dell l321x Xps 13 (1st generation)?
Are there any scrips I can run on terminal so I can get some advice on whats my problem?
Thanks
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-18 at 11.53.56 AM.jpeg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yvanlm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Simplo Dell unknown (not showing battery left)

Post by yvanlm »

Hello yoshiki2,

I am on a Dell XPS 13 9333, running Linux Mint Debian 3 and I see the same thing. I had to replace my laptop's battery with one purchased from Amazon (apparently manufactured by Simplo Technologies) about a year ago. I recently had to replace my dead AC Power Adapter and since I wanted to see what was happening with the battery charging, I right-clicked on the power indicator display and chose "configure". I was able to change it to "Show percentage and time remaining" which is a little more informative...however Linux Mint always thinks the laptop as operating from the battery, whether or not it's plugged-in.

I would also be interested in a more sophisticated power monitoring application.
yvanlm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yvanlm »

Just an extra note to say that on my Linux LMDE 3 the display is the same when I select "Show percentage" and "Show percentage and time remaining". When I select "Show time remaining", I only get the display of bars in a battery.
yvanlm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yvanlm »

Hello again yoshiki2,
I have installed from the Software Manager the application Mate Power Manager. Since I am running the default Cinnamon desktop, this did not seem to require a lot of extra system components. I have added this app to the panel and removed the default Gnome Power Manager. On the plus side I can now tell the remaining expected runtime, i can tell at a glance if the power adapter is plugged-in or not and I have access to a few more power management features. On the minus side I have lost the control that let me dim the keyboard backlight.

You may want to try this.

Return to “Hardware Support”