'Turn off screen when inactive' works intermittently

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bpeary
Level 2
Level 2

'Turn off screen when inactive' works intermittently

Post by bpeary »

Since I upgraded from Betsy to Cindy, I often find my screen on, well after the 10-minute setting. Other times it shuts down as expected. This is a desktop PC. I set my power options to turn off the screen after 10 minutes, and never suspend. I've tried closing any open programs, but this hasn't helped.

I alternately boot between Mint 19 and LMDE on this machine, and there is no problem in Mint 19, with the same settings.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rimvydukas

Re: 'Turn off screen when inactive' works intermittently

Post by rimvydukas »

It is strange, but I can see the same behaviour and on Linux Mint 19. Sometimes monitors are turned off, but sometimes they stay on:/
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Software can inhibit power management, e.g. video players (including browser with embedded video) typically do that. So check your running programs.
rimvydukas

Post by rimvydukas »

Is the same true even I manually lock the screen? But in my case I use the same programs everytime - remmina, terminal, firefox. And I don't have any videos playing in firefox. I even use auto tab discard addon in firefox. And screen saver turns on without any single problem only monitors are not turned off from time to time.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Well, make your own thread if you actually need to discuss this, inxi -Fxz and all.

Return to “Hardware Support”