usb3 on LMDE3 gives problems

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
p on 510

usb3 on LMDE3 gives problems

Post by p on 510 »

Lenovo T430 SSD 500GB with LMDE3 works perfect, until I disconnected extended USB drive WD Elements 1TB on the UBS3 gate and when unmounted/removed savely, it did disconnect neatly but all USB functions were dead, including mouse & touchpad, so I only could restart with the powerswitch OFF/ON. For linux this is usually no problem, but the window OS on VirtualBox will crash with all the problems.
Using the USB2 gate gave no problem.
Changed the SSD with another: 250GB with LM 18.3 and using the same extended HD on de same USB3 en 2 gates, did not give any problems.
My question: [1] Is this a known bug with LMDE3?
searching internet I came around only one hint there was a LMDE3 bug with usb3, but not a solution/workaround.
and [2] is there any solution or even a workaround?
Hopefully any can give advice
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
p on 510

Re: usb3 on LMDE3 gives problems

Post by p on 510 »

I found a workaround by myself: and will publish it for anyoneś benefit:
USB-stick 16GB works without any flaw, also a WM-myPasport external HD 500GB, gives no problem when ejecting/safely removing.
It looks like Cindy cannot handle 1TB yet on her USB3 gates.
Dr. Octagon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dr. Octagon »

Hello,

I also have problems with a 1 TB drive under LMDE 3, which is connected via USB. Everything is going extremely slowly (1 mb/s), while a 320 GB drive runs with >35 mb/s.
Also the "safe removal" only works correct with the 320 GB drive... the 1 TB drive either doesn't hang out completely, or continues to run even after the "operating light" is turned off.

Cu
Dr. Octagon
A good stumbler doesn't fall...
y.black

Post by y.black »

have the same problem here, when i use an external HD 2TB on USB3 port - when i disconnect my system frees and have to restart the pc
when i use the same 2TB external disk on USB2 port - everything works as it should

Return to “Hardware Support”