Graphical Probs with a Samsung R40plus

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Robotechie
Level 2
Level 2

Graphical Probs with a Samsung R40plus

Post by Robotechie »

Hi Folks!

I rescued a 12year-old Samsung R40plus from being scrapped.
The Battery seems to have an Issue (not charged; Cells could be fully charged with external PS), the Rest of the Laptop is working fine and is in good optical and technical condition.
I formatted the 160GB-HDD to kill the installed Vista and prepare it for Linux.
But after Installation of LM19.3 I noticed a strange Behavior of some Characters: they are stretched, so that they appear in separated pixellines.
I checked this also with LM12 and LMDE4, all in 32Bit-Variants: it happens all the time. :(

An Installation of Scientific Linux 6.8 worked w/o any visible Errors, so it must be an Issue with LM. :shock:

The Graphics HW of this Notebook consists of an ATI Radeon X1250 with 256MB Memory and 1280x800 Resolution on 15.4",
the CPU is an Intel T2130, a 1.86GHz Single-Core-Processor with "2 logical Cores".

To clarify what I mean, I have attached a Screenshot. Have a Look at the black Menupart of the Pic to see the Fault.

Any Idea how this can be fixed?

Kind Regards HPD
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-07-27 17-17-51.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-07-27 17-13-25.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”