Trouble after nvidia driver update

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pfredi

Trouble after nvidia driver update

Post by pfredi »

Hello.
After recent nvidia driver update, having trouble with simple operations like copy and paste between 2 different applications. They become very slow or frozen.
And when I try to shutdown, the system always frozens and I have to use the button for doing it.
I’m using LMDE 4 Debbie, Cinnamon Version 4.6.7, Linux Kernel 4.19.0-12-amd64, lenovo ideapad530S, processor Intel© Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz × 4, 16 GB memory, 256GB SSD, intel Corporation UHD Graphics 620, GeForce MX150.
If I try a double click on options / nvidia, nothing happens.
Thanks in advance for any idea to solve that.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cretsiah
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Trouble after nvidia driver update

Post by cretsiah »

i tried to do a fresh install on this old low-end gaming box with an NVIDEA GT 740 today

it was happy with the novau driver but trying to update to the NVIDEA specific driver complained about lack of i386 dependecies and aborted installation
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Trouble after nvidia driver update

Post by antikythera »

cretsiah please open a fresh thread in the main support section for your fresh XFCE 20 install. The post above yours is about LMDE4 and switchable graphics in a laptop.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

Return to “Hardware Support”