LMDE 4.0 Not able to boot a ryzen 5 3600G

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rastabaik

LMDE 4.0 Not able to boot a ryzen 5 3600G

Post by rastabaik »

Well i get some strange message about kvm being disabled by the bios, then nothing then i tried the compatibility mode and it failed too, in both cause i tried the console and but i could not do anything. If i boot the non uefi partition i get a superb VGA 680x400 of the late 70s.

I did a bit of search but i mostly found old posts or posts related to Ryzen without internal GPU.

I wanted to move to something stable since i got fed up with Chinese dongle with hardware that windows 10 has by default (.50 BT dongles, wifi dongles etc ) being super annoying to install with crazy ppoa + patch + driver compilation. I could not compile either sagemath on mint main version 20.2

This plus the total nightmare that python 3 non backward compatibility induced, so i saw scripts using python 2.7 other 3.0 .

The [removed] fanatic that decided to impose parenthesis around print argument and to turn any list or set or whatever into a stream should really be praised for inducing a gigantic mess.

Is there any option i should switch in the bios or any argument to insert into grub command line.

|Mother board is a B450M Mortar MAX (MS 7B89) from MSI.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cpedretti
Level 3
Level 3

Re: LMDE 4.0 Not able to boot a ryzen 5 3600G

Post by cpedretti »

rastabaik wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:53 pm Well i get some strange message about kvm being disabled by the bios, then nothing then i tried the compatibility mode and it failed too, in both cause i tried the console and but i could not do anything. If i boot the non uefi partition i get a superb VGA 680x400 of the late 70s.

I did a bit of search but i mostly found old posts or posts related to Ryzen without internal GPU.

I wanted to move to something stable since i got fed up with Chinese dongle with hardware that windows 10 has by default (.50 BT dongles, wifi dongles etc ) being super annoying to install with crazy ppoa + patch + driver compilation. I could not compile either sagemath on mint main version 20.2

This plus the total nightmare that python 3 non backward compatibility induced, so i saw scripts using python 2.7 other 3.0 .

The [removed] fanatic that decided to impose parenthesis around print argument and to turn any list or set or whatever into a stream should really be praised for inducing a gigantic mess.

Is there any option i should switch in the bios or any argument to insert into grub command line.

|Mother board is a B450M Mortar MAX (MS 7B89) from MSI.
Hi, you need the latest amd drivers for working well on LMDE4.

Have a look here => viewtopic.php?p=1846039#p1846039
Last edited by Moem on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed remark that refers to politics
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 32GB DDR4 RGB White - RTX4060TI O8GB White- SSD NVME Crucial P5 500GB - Mobo Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550 V2 - PSU Corsair RM750 White - Case Corsair 5000D Airflow White 7 fans AF120 ARGB - AIO Corsair H100I Cappelix 240 White

Return to “Hardware Support”