Solved - Logitech webcam not working with Skypeforlinux

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leh103

Solved - Logitech webcam not working with Skypeforlinux

Post by leh103 »

I am having trouble getting my Logitech Webcam E 3500 to work with Skypeforlinux on LMDE4. It used to work with Mint Linux and it does now work with the program Cheese in the LMDE4. lsusb reports that it is there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cpedretti
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Logitech webcam not working with Skypeforlinux

Post by cpedretti »

leh103 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:19 pm I am having trouble getting my Logitech Webcam E 3500 to work with Skypeforlinux on LMDE4. It used to work with Mint Linux and it does now work with the program Cheese in the LMDE4. lsusb reports that it is there.
Hi, this is an french web page who was translate with our dear Google, describe how to install the needed package for working:

=> https://translate.google.com/translate? ... usb-source

Hope this can resolve your issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 32GB DDR4 RGB White - RTX4060TI O8GB White- SSD NVME Crucial P5 500GB - Mobo Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550 V2 - PSU Corsair RM750 White - Case Corsair 5000D Airflow White 7 fans AF120 ARGB - AIO Corsair H100I Cappelix 240 White
leh103

Post by leh103 »

I plan to try this if nothing else works. I have the driver but have not extracted it yet. I have the Linux headers for my kernel in the /user/src directory along with a symlink to Linux-Build which points somewhere else. I do not know how to use Linux-Build. Do I still need to download the Linux kernel source? I have never done anything like what the french web page is talking about. However, the instructions are simple enough, but I do not know if the information is current.
leh103

Post by leh103 »

This has been solved, so I am closing it. Turns out it was a skype configuration problem.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

leh103 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:03 pm This has been solved, so I am closing it. Turns out it was a skype configuration problem.
To close a thread, see below in my post. Thanks.

Return to “Hardware Support”