VLC volume, PulseAudio volume and ext soundcard volume are moving in parallel to each other

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frogman_mm
Level 1
Level 1

VLC volume, PulseAudio volume and ext soundcard volume are moving in parallel to each other

Post by frogman_mm »

DE: Cinnamon (so pulseaudio)
Audio card: AT2020+ USB (well its a mic but it has a 3,5jack output and i use that instead of connecting my headphones directly)

Hello! My problem is that the sound disappears if the master sound is under a certain percent of volume (25-30, it sometimes changes). At first i didnt know what caused it, but then i went to alsamixer and saw that the output volume of pulseaudio and the output volume of my audio card are dissynchronised, so when the PA vol is 26%, the soundcard volume is 1%, so when PA goes below 26%, the sound disappears completely because the soundcard vol goes to 0%. Ive tried turning them both, up to 100% and down to 0% but that didnt help to sync them. Then i thought - are they even supposed to sync? I think the volumes shouldnt move in parallel with each other at all, and the master volume should stay static and the external soundcard volume should be the one that i need to change with the cinnamon built in pulseaudio toggle on the bottom panel. The same unecessary sync is also in VLC, the system sound changes with the VLC sound. Ive turned off flat-volumes in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf, but this problem still remains.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”