Nvidia Settings does not open

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SomeMint
Level 1
Level 1

Nvidia Settings does not open

Post by SomeMint »

Hello! In LMDE4 control panel there is a Nvidia settings icon that does not open. After install & boot I got a msg at the top about hardware acceleration not being turned on, and to check my drivers. I thought that might be the place, but, I don't know. I am using a HP G60 laptop model 247CL. Thanks for your help!
Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Nvidia Settings does not open

Post by SMG »

Welcome to the forum, somemint.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Tenebris_Umbra
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nvidia Settings does not open

Post by Tenebris_Umbra »

Could be the driver is not loading and as SMG suggested, we need a inxi to see. When installing Nvidia on lmde4, do not use the Nvidia-***.run drivers from Nvidia, but rather follow the Debian Nvidia guide >> https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsD ... 2Buster.22

Return to “Hardware Support”