Can't turn off flat-volumes in PulseAudio

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frogman_mm
Level 1
Level 1

Can't turn off flat-volumes in PulseAudio

Post by frogman_mm »

The master volume and all the other apps volumes moving in parallel with each other is really annoying and sometimes can hurt my ears. i've tried setting flat-volumes to = no in daemon.conf and then restarting pulseaudio using "$ pulseaudio -k" but NOTHING changed. Are there any other ways to turn it off, or did i do something wrong?

LMDE 4 Debbie x64
i should also mention that i work with audio and i have a bunch of stuff like vlc, ardour (and many plugins for it)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aztaroth
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Can't turn off flat-volumes in PulseAudio

Post by Aztaroth »

Perhaps you should pay a visit to MrEen's page. He's an expert and regularly helps people running normal Mint.
http://mreen.epizy.com/SoundFixTips.html?i=1
Maybe if you think the problem is not specifically related to LMDE4 you may try a post on the main edition section, but add some info about your config (read the Extras section of MrEen's page). People can't help you if you leave them in complete fog.
dual boot LMDE4 (mostly) + LM19.3 Cinnamon (sometimes)

Return to “Hardware Support”