LMDE 4: time was drifting, so NTP is back

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UncleOp
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE 4: time was drifting, so NTP is back

Post by UncleOp »

I did the upgrade from LMDE 3 to LMDE 4 this weekend. I just noticed my system clock had drifted by nearly 10 minutes. Looking around I determined that NTP was no longer installed; I missed that during the upgrade I guess. The systemd equivalent was not doing its job, so I reinstalled NTP. Within a few minutes my time was back in sync.

Don't wanna' start a(nother) systemd feud, but I would like to know where this change was mentioned. It wasn't something I expected.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: LMDE 4: time was drifting, so NTP is back

Post by Moonstone Man »

UncleOp wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:59 pm ... I would like to know where this change was mentioned. It wasn't something I expected.
I think you would need to pose that question to the devs via the github repository. The devs are probably the only ones that can answer that, but they rarely ever grace us, the unwashed masses, with their presence.

Return to “Networking”