LMDE4 wifi

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
myface68

LMDE4 wifi

Post by myface68 »

This is strange. I have installed Mint20 cinnamon and wifi works good. I downloaded Debian 10, run from ISO and wifi works, but the LMDE4 wifi do not work. It see all the wifi networks. I put my password(check twice) and will not connect. Why Debian work and not LMDE4?. I was under the impression that LMDE is base on Debian. I downloaded couple other distros ( some Debian and some arch) and my wifi works. It is something wrong with LMDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: LMDE4 wifi

Post by antikythera »

Something relating to your wireless adaptor may not have been added to the LMDE4 ISO, but you left out vital information too when posting if you actually need help resolving this
[5] Details! Details! Details!
Include the version and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit) of Linux Mint.
List any relevant hardware or software specifications. 'inxi' is a useful terminal command for listing this. Use inxi -h for help. Generally it suffices to type the following in terminal and include the output in your post -> inxi -Fxxxrz
List what Display Environment you are using if relevant (Cinnamon, KDE, XFCE, MATE, etc).
If you have output errors, list them in their entirety.
When posting output of commands use the "Code" tags if it is more than 2 or 3 lines long - this makes it more readable. The button that inserts these tags is marked </>
If your Linux Mint installation isn't in English, prefix any commands that you want to share output of with LC_ALL=C. That forces output to be English. For example instead of running the command "make", you'd run the command "LC_ALL=C make".
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
rhkeng
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE4 wifi

Post by rhkeng »

I think LMDE 4 has this as a general problem. I just downloaded LMDE 4 and running as a live disc on Dell laptops E6230, E6240, D820, E6510, E6410...no support for the wifi card. Will Mint fix this in LMDE 4? This problem will render the liver disc useless ...must find driver each time

Return to “Networking”