Anyone else tried switching LMDE3 to the Debian unstable repos? It used to be a bit of a pointless hobby of mine to install Debian-derived distros, based on stable or testing, in a spare partition, and see if I could switch them to Sid without too much breaking. I had tried this ages ago with LMDE2, and found it worked with the Mate version, but not the Cinnamon one. So, I didn't have that much hope for Cindy. Indeed, I did have problems with the LMDE3 Beta, but so far it's been okay with the stable version. I didn't have to use apt-pinning or anything like that. My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list now look like this:
deb http://packages.linuxmint.com cindy main upstream import backport #id:linuxmint_main
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid main non-free
Couple of thought about why it might worked have this time:
- Started with a fresh install, unlike with the Beta.
Switched first to Buster(testing), made sure that worked, then changed to unstable.