ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Questions about other topics & discussing non-support related topics related to LMDE 3.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tlcmd
Level 4
Level 4

ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Post by tlcmd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:19 am

ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate released in the near future (before LMDE2 Forum Support Ends)? Or am I going to have to install Cinnamon and use gnome to add the missing apps?

I'd like to know before I install LMDE3 Cinnamon for which I just downloaded the 64 bit version to a disc. And if a LMDE3 Mate is released, hopefully there will be an easy way to upgrade from LMDE2 Mate.

Thanks.
tlcmd

srq2625
Level 4
Level 4

Re: ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Post by srq2625 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 pm

I believe this thread --> LMDE3 - Install Complete MATE Desktop will give you a starting point.

JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:13 pm

No. There are no plans for a Mate edition. This has been stated many times on the blog and probably talked about here a good bit.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Harfud
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Harfud » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:47 pm

A post I made a few weeks back...

I installed Mate from Stretch backports which gave me version 1.20 but without audio integration.

I did a fresh install of LMDE3 as the install was new.

I then used these instructions that I found elsewhere in these forums:

apt install mate-desktop-environment-core

apt install atril desktop-base engrampa eom ffmpegthumbnailer fonts-droid-fallback galculator gnome-user-guide libaacs0 libcanberra-gtk3-module libgphoto2-l10n libsasl2-modules mate-applets mate-icon-theme-faenza mate-media mate-notification-daemon mate-power-manager mate-screensaver mate-system-monitor mate-user-guide mate-utils menu murrine-themes pluma python-cryptography python-idna python-ipaddress python-openssl va-driver-all

This gave me a fully functional install of Mate 1.16

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”