ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tlcmd

ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Post by tlcmd »

ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate released in the near future (before LMDE2 Forum Support Ends)? Or am I going to have to install Cinnamon and use gnome to add the missing apps?

I'd like to know before I install LMDE3 Cinnamon for which I just downloaded the 64 bit version to a disc. And if a LMDE3 Mate is released, hopefully there will be an easy way to upgrade from LMDE2 Mate.

Thanks.
tlcmd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
srq2625

Re: ADMINISTRATORS: Will there be an LMDE3 Mate in the near Future??

Post by srq2625 »

I believe this thread --> LMDE3 - Install Complete MATE Desktop will give you a starting point.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

No. There are no plans for a Mate edition. This has been stated many times on the blog and probably talked about here a good bit.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Harfud
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Harfud »

A post I made a few weeks back...

I installed Mate from Stretch backports which gave me version 1.20 but without audio integration.

I did a fresh install of LMDE3 as the install was new.

I then used these instructions that I found elsewhere in these forums:

Code: Select all

apt install mate-desktop-environment-core

Code: Select all

apt install atril desktop-base engrampa eom ffmpegthumbnailer fonts-droid-fallback galculator gnome-user-guide libaacs0 libcanberra-gtk3-module libgphoto2-l10n libsasl2-modules mate-applets mate-icon-theme-faenza mate-media mate-notification-daemon mate-power-manager mate-screensaver mate-system-monitor mate-user-guide mate-utils menu murrine-themes pluma python-cryptography python-idna python-ipaddress python-openssl va-driver-all
This gave me a fully functional install of Mate 1.16
nascar64
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nascar64 »

:mrgreen: Thank you very much, follow ur instruction got LMDE3 mate and compiz working and every thing working great again Thank you and every body at Linux mint for WOW LMDE3 is great,can use cinnamon or mate

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”