LMDE software manager

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FinixFighter
Level 3
Level 3

LMDE software manager

Post by FinixFighter »

Hi folks! Today I tried LMDE 3 and I noticed that the apps in software manager are not the same apps that I find in the Software Manager of the "default" Mint. Why?
For example, if I click "Games" it doesn't show neighter SuperTuxKart nor others popular games; it seems showing random apps. Another example is Wine. If I search for Wine in Mint I find different versions and also the latest release; but this doesn't happen in LMDE. I'm very curious about that because I would like to use a Debian based distro but it's very hard to find an OS with a Software Manager that works like on Ubuntu (or Ubuntu based); indeed, on most Debian-based operating systems I tested there was only the Synaptic Package Manager. LMDE is the best that I found for now, but also with LMDE the Software Manager has different contents. Someone can explain me why :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stallmansupport.org
gm10

Re: LMDE software manager

Post by gm10 »

Because Linux Mint and LMDE are both Linux but otherwise different operating systems. Linux Mint is Ubuntu based along with their software repositories, while LMDE is Debian based along with their software repositories.

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”