2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Questions about other topics & discussing non-support related topics related to LMDE 3.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tlcmd
Level 4
Level 4

2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Post by tlcmd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Howdy,
I know there is not a "Mate" edition of LMDE 3, but can I get a "Mate" format for the program?
2) I'd like a screensaver program which uses my "pictures" file, one available in the repository?
3) I'd like to be able to put Movieorganizer 2.8.6 or 2.7.7 and believe I can do this with Crossover. I cannot get WINE to do it.

Any help with getting a free program beyond WINE which might install Movieorganizer of th free Gphoto screensaver?

Thanks,
tlcmd

smurphos
Level 8
Level 8

Re: 2 or 3 things I'd like to have on LMDE3

Post by smurphos » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:03 am

tlcmd wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:39 pm
I know there is not a "Mate" edition of LMDE 3, but can I get a "Mate" format for the program?
2) I'd like a screensaver program which uses my "pictures" file, one available in the repository?
For installing Mate as alternative desktop session - viewtopic.php?f=247&t=274832

For screensaver solutions for Cinnamon Screensaver - viewtopic.php?p=1541574

If you do go to Mate - mate-screensaver has a number of photo screensaver options. But you need to define a source for them

Create a file in your home ~/.xscreensaver with the content below replacing <user> with your actual user name e.g. /home/steve/Pictures/

Code: Select all

grabDesktopImages: False
grabVideoFrames: False
chooseRandomImages: True
imageDirectory: /home/<user>/Pictures/
mode: random
selected: -1
Last edited by WharfRat on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the first link to 274832 from 27483 as requested

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”