First time using LMDE

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JeffF73
Level 2
Level 2

First time using LMDE

Post by JeffF73 »

I have been a long time user of LM since the start of it's development and this is the first time I ever decided to get away from anything remotely related to Ubuntu. I tried Debian Vanilla and Debian Cinnamon. Yet I decided to give LMDE a try and this is where I am staying. Nothing compares to LM in my opinion. It just works. I am loving it. I thought it would be a huge step away from Cinnamon and etc. Yet there isn't much difference other than a few thing's I will have to get used to again. Very happy with my new move. I am sure I will be in here with some questions every now and again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: First time using LMDE

Post by Moonstone Man »

JeffF73 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:07 am I thought it would be a huge step away from Cinnamon and etc. Yet there isn't much difference...
That's hardly surprising. LM20 Cinnamon was backported from LMDE.

LMDE is very good, and it's very stable. I use it to run my network.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

Yes - I can fully confirm the positive impression of LMDE 4.

It is - by far - the best Linux and the best Mint in my VirtualBox collection. Number two is Debian KDE Buster.

I was long in doubt whether to install LMDE 4 or Mint Cinnamon 20 on the external SSD. Since Ubuntu has the slightly newer graphics programs (with good Hi-DPI support), that ultimately tipped the scales.

But maybe I'll just have to buy another Huawei, it's pretty cheap with a discount, just around the corner ...
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

what to say? I also confirm the absolute goodness of LMDE. I love her. very stable and really fast. The software is less up-to-date than the ubuntu-based version, but it is much more stable, in perfect debian style. I love it. I installed it this week, and I fell in love with it. The mint team did a great job, they brought cinnamon 5 here, and it works really well. The kernel is a bit out of date, 4.19, but it's an LTS so that's okay. It's super responsive, fast and stable! I am using it with great pleasure. (ps. I've been using ubuntu 8 years, and then for two years I've been with debian / mxlinux. And now I'm here on LMDE4 ... it's awesome. best distro I've ever used for me: a debian stable with some tools and linux mint philosophy, a winning combination!
and will be supported until 2024 (as stated in the debian 10 notes). but now bullseye is out, so there will probably be an LMDE5 :-) but there's no rush. there is another three years of support and I will enjoy it to the last!

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”