curiosity about LMDE

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ne0h

curiosity about LMDE

Post by ne0h »

hi guys, i have one curiosity: how many developers work on LMDE? i use it, LMDE4, and i love it!
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: curiosity about LMDE

Post by xenopeek »

I wrote about this on another topic recently but I think you're misunderstanding what LMDE is, or what developers do. LMDE is the Linux Mint software repository on top of the Debian package base. You can browse what is in the Linux Mint repository here: http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=Debbie. You find there Cinnamon, the Mint tools, the Xapps, Firefox and Chromium built for Linux Mint, and some packages to improve Debian package base like better Nvidia drivers. Obviously some effort goes into building the ISO and setting up the infrastructure to build and package the software that's in the repository but most on the team are working on — and most time goes in to — developing the Linux Mint software (Cinnamon, the Mint tools and the Xapps) that both the Ubuntu based Linux Mint and LMDE users benefit from.

Debian use the term "developer" to indicate somebody is a project member. Mostly they are package maintainers. In Linux Mint a developer can be a team member or not, but it's somebody that develops software.
ne0h

Re: curiosity about LMDE

Post by ne0h »

ok, thank you for your explanation!

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”